Valve and Nexon Korea have partnered together to unveil Counter-Strike Online 2. The upcoming first-person shooter is the sequel to the free-to-play, 2007 shooter Counter-Strike Online, which has been a huge hit phenomenon all over Asia.
As stated in the press release...
Counter-Strike Online 2 will offer enhanced graphics, more realistic gameplay and powerful impact sensations powered by an enhanced version of the Source engine. The game will also feature various game modes enhancing its original game experience with new and improved environments, weapons, equipment customization and more.
Closed Beta Testing (CBT)Edit
During the Closed Beta Testing (CBT) in Korean region, beta testers can only play during the event period. Maps was a heavily modified version of the Counter-Strike: Source with new details, textures, models and so on. The inventory, or barracks, has improved significantly to a simple, small yet with gentle learning curve menu compared to the original in Counter-Strike Online.
The images of the weapons closely follows the original image in previous Counter-Strike Online. The appearance however, has improved with better animations. Example, Colt M4A1 appearance has been changed to M4A1 EOTech and AK-47 has been changed to AK-47 Scoped.
- Recruitment of playtesters: July 16, 2012 ~ 31 July, 2012 (12:00 PM)
- Period of test: August 2, 2012 ~ August 5, 2012 (3:00 p.m. to 9:00 daily)
These are the maps available so far in Counter-Strike Online 2:
|CPU||AMD P4 1.5GHz||AMD P4 3GHz|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|Graphics Card||Nvidia GeForce FX F2000|
ATI Radeon 9400
|Nvidia GeForce 7600GT|
ATI Radeon X1800
|Operating System||Windows XP (32 bit)||Windows XP|
- Counter-Strike Online 2 will use Source engine, same as Counter-Strike: Source.
- It is still unknown whether Counter-Strike Online 2 will be using Source Engine 2006 or Source Engine 2009.
- Counter-Strike Online 2 will be launched to all current Counter-Strike Online regions.
- Although, Counter-Strike Online 2 was on the verge of release, it does not mean that Nexon would stop adding new contents to the original game.
- Also, Counter-Strike Online 2 will not be replacing Counter-Strike Online, although Counter-Strike Online 2 is the second installment of Counter-Strike Online.