The AMagnum Sniper Rifle is a .338 caliber bolt-action sniper rifle which can perform one-shot one-kill in any range. It is known as "the best sniper rifle in the world" by the Counter-Strike players. However, some other players think it is a "noob cannon" as it requires less skill to use it and can kill enemies with just one shot. Some servers ban this weapon due to its tendency to overpower other weapons especially in Counter Strike: Source. It is the most used sniper rifle in Counter-Strike due to its high damage, available to be bought in points, accuracy and its ability to kill the enemy in one shot (except on legs)
- Can kill an enemy in just one shot except legs
- Highly accurate with the scope
- Its firing sound forces enemies to take cover
- Purchasable by both Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists
- Short reload time
- Expensive ($4750)
- Low rate of fire due to its bolt-action
- Inaccurate if scope is not used
- Loud firing sound. Attracts and/or alerts enemies of sniper's presence
- Expensive ammo cost
- Aiming for the head is good, but body shots can still kill the enemy.
- If you hit an enemy with AWP at legs, kill him/her with pistol as he/she is having low health power.
- Do a surprise kill by jumping out from an obstacle and shoot the enemy. However, this tactic needs proper skills and practice because the wrong timing will make you miss the target and get killed by the enemy.
- Avoid no-scoping while firing the AWP because it is very inaccurate.
- Always perform a quick switch (Default key: "Q") after a shot as it is much quicker and allows you to kill your enemy with your secondary if you missed or if they are still alive.
- Accuracy International Arctic Warfare at Wikipedia